RSS

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu Jun 18 11:35:37 EDT 2009

Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> writes:
> Please remember to CC the list on all replies using your mailer's
> Reply-To-List or Reply-All functionality...
>
> Brian Wilson <dragoncharmer84 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I know that there hasn't been any new news. However, when I open the feed
>> location in my browser (Firefox) I still ought to see a list of the past news
>> items. When I open the list the page is blank. Additionally, my Live Bookmark
>> fails to load.
>
> I'm afraid I don't use the RSS feed so I can't help you, but the
> website is up so the only potential issue would be broken html
> within a news item.   The actual RSS feed code hasn't changed.

(FWIW, the feed is not RSS, but Atom.)

There is a XML parse error due to the presence of HTML-only entities:

jsled at phoenix [~/tmp]$ curl "http://www.gnucash.org/atom.php" > gnucash-atom.xml
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 51554    0 51554    0     0  32147      0 --:--:--  0:00:01 --:--:-- 40276
jsled at phoenix [~/tmp]$ xmllint gnucash-atom.xml
gnucash-atom.xml:45: parser error : Entity 'acirc' not defined
&lt;li&gt; Bug #582976 &acirc; install.sh - webkit-1.1.5-win32.zip is not av
                              ^
gnucash-atom.xml:47: parser error : Entity 'acirc' not defined
&lt;li&gt; Bug #583883 &acirc; Customer report produces error&lt;/li&gt;
                              ^

Someone should clean up the news item(s) HTML to not do that.  Patches welcome.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}