Translating to Hebrew (he) and using launchpad

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Mar 9 16:00:19 EDT 2009

Am Freitag, 6. März 2009 14:48 schrieb Shahar Or:
> I want to help with the translation in my language. The ammount of work
> I'll put in it will be about an hour per week.

Thanks! Our translation process is documented here:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation

> I don't have experience with the normal translation process, but only
> with the launchpad.net translation application. I saw that the strings
> are already in the aforementioned system and that I don't the permission
> to translate.
>
> What is the status with Gnucash and launchpad.net translation? I prefer
> using launchpad.net because I am familiar with it and there's nothing to
> learn, practically, and it saves the work of coordination between
> translators because it's a live system.

Currently there is no direct relation from gnucash to launchpad.net. Some
reader of this list registered gnucash with launchpad.net, but so far there
is no person responsible for copying any contributions from there to here.
The actual translation of gnucash is collected in gnucash's SVN server, and
those who have write access there will commit only those translations that
are sent to here by e-mail.

Hence, please download the he.po file from
http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/branches/2.2/po/he.po and work on this
with a "Po file editor" program.
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#Tools

Regards,