Roadmap / GNC 2.4

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 16:24:03 EDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com>wrote:

> As far as I can tell, there are a number of things that are in trunk or are
> being developed:
>
> 1) libdbi backend - in trunk.  I've been using it for a while now.
> 2) replace gtkhtml with webkit - I've just started on a branch
> 3) register rewrite - Charles Day has done a lot of work fixing up the
> register, but the rewrite is stalled (?)
> 4) change reports from being scm-generated html to html templates with
> embedded scm - a prototype invoice is in trunk
> 5) changes to saved reports - Andrew Sackville-West working on it?
>
> I propose we start towards a release 2.4 with #1.  I think I have enough
> time
> to act as release manager, so I volunteer if required.
>
> For 2.6 (date TBD), #2 and #4 (replacing all reports) would be a good
> advance.
> I don't know enough about #3 or #5 to say anything, but perhaps #2/#4/#5
> could
> go into 2.6 as a (partial) re-architecture of the whole reporting system.

Regarding the register, I haven't done any work at all on the
register-rewrite branch. Just cleaned up a bunch of crashers and other bugs
in the current register. I don't foresee working on register-rewrite until
more time has been spent on investments and (possibly) Mac packaging. So I
would definitely say 2.4 wouldn't include any register-rewrite stuff, though
I may make a few more tweaks to the existing register in the coming days.

> Thoughts?
> Phil

-Charles