Roadmap / GNC 2.4

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Mar 22 16:39:09 EDT 2009

Am Samstag, 21. März 2009 20:46 schrieb Phil Longstaff:
> As far as I can tell, there are a number of things that are in trunk or are
> being developed:
>
> 1) libdbi backend - in trunk.  I've been using it for a while now.
> 2) replace gtkhtml with webkit - I've just started on a branch
> 3) register rewrite - Charles Day has done a lot of work fixing up the
> register, but the rewrite is stalled (?)
> 4) change reports from being scm-generated html to html templates with
> embedded scm - a prototype invoice is in trunk
> 5) changes to saved reports - Andrew Sackville-West working on it?
>
> I propose we start towards a release 2.4 with #1.  I think I have enough
> time to act as release manager, so I volunteer if required.

Sounds great! +1 from me.

From past experience I recall we need 2-4 months between the first pre-2.4
beta releases (maybe numbered as 2.3.x) until we really have a stable 2.4.0
release. Maybe any of the items #2 through #5 would be ready for a stable
release in that timeframe as well, but, as you said, this needs to be
discussed by those people who actually know the status.

Regards,

Christian