Roadmap / GNC 2.4

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Sun Mar 22 16:46:28 EDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 03:46:32PM -0400, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> As far as I can tell, there are a number of things that are in trunk or are
> being developed:
>
> 1) libdbi backend - in trunk.  I've been using it for a while now.
> 2) replace gtkhtml with webkit - I've just started on a branch
> 3) register rewrite - Charles Day has done a lot of work fixing up the
> register, but the rewrite is stalled (?)
> 4) change reports from being scm-generated html to html templates with
> embedded scm - a prototype invoice is in trunk
> 5) changes to saved reports - Andrew Sackville-West working on it?

hoping to do that this week. It will include me learning to build a
dialog from scratch with glade, which I think I've mostly worked out
in my head. It's all a theory at this point, but I should have an idea
in a day or two. I'll be spending a couple of hours a day on it
starting tomorrow.

The theory is that I can tell the difference between custom reports
and gnucash-provided reports and thus extract the list of custom
reports at will, writing a new saved-reports file and removing the old
one atomically for each newly created or deleted report. I think as a
side effect, we get immediate access to saved reports as well through
a new dialog for handling saved reports.

#5 may be orthogonal to #2 and #4. And in fact the current saved
report system might not likely survive #4, but I've not looked at that
work yet.