sorting of transactions within day

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at Wolschon.biz
Fri May 1 02:15:43 EDT 2009

2009/4/29 Charles Day <cedayiv at gmail.com>:
> Are we talking about the order they display in the register? Because there
> is View->Sort By.
>
> The "standard" sort is first by transaction (according to posting date,
> followed by number, entry date/time, description), and then by split memo,
> split action, split reconcile status, split amount, split value, and finally
> split reconcile date.

Thanks.
I did not think the transaction-number would affect the sorting.
As we often use this to store the invoice-number, order-number and similar
references I guess my plan will only work for the majority of transactions
that have an empty number field.

I'll play around with it and see what I can do. :)

Marcus