Gnucash 2.3.0 released

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue May 19 02:15:28 EDT 2009

Dear Phil,

Am Dienstag, 19. Mai 2009 02:02 schrieb Phil Longstaff:
>  I also don't know how to upload to sourceforge.

right - you asked for this a few weeks ago but apparently nobody on the list
answered your question. In the meantime you obviously registered an account
on sorceforge and Derek added you to the gnucash project, so now you should
be able to do the sourceforge uploads yourself as well.

Here's how: When you are logged in in sourceforge, on the gnucash project page
you will see the "Manage Package / Releases" link in the upper left part of
the page. There, you have to add your new release by clicking "Add Release"
in the "gnucash (unstable)" package to create a "2.3.0" release. Out of
curiosity I've just done this step already, so now you need to go to
the "Edit Release" page and select the "2.3.0" release, which brings you to
the "Edit Existing Release" page,
https://sourceforge.net/project/admin/editreleases.php?package_id=5582&release_id=683652&group_id=192

The "Edit Release" page IMHO is fairly straightforward and sourceforge also
has plenty of documentation on what to do there. In any case, eventually you
need to upload your 2.3.0 tarball to the sourceforge servers, for which
several methods are available. I prefer the "Rsync over SSH" method, but any
of the others would work as well.
http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Release%20files%20for%20download#Uploadafile
http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/sourceforge/wiki/File%20management%20service
http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Rsync%20over%20SSH

I hope this should give you enough pointers so that you can prepare the 2.3.0
package for download on sourceforge as well. Don't hesitate to ask if there
are further questions about this process.

Thanks a lot for stepping forward and releasing this new version! Way to go!

Christian