Manually trigger update of www.gnucash.org?) (Re: htdocs patch: downloads & news)

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Nov 18 08:40:06 EST 2009

On Wednesday 18 November 2009, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Zitat von Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be>:
> > Upon further investigation, it seems not all files have been copied to
> > the live website. download.phtml is there, the icons are there, but
> > index.phtml is not updated, nor are the news files. And I can't check
> > from here, but it seems the new externals/global_params.php file and
> > osx_readme.phtml is missing as well. All these files were included in the
> > commit though.
>
> After sending the commit I noticed an unusually long waiting time
> until the svn client reported the successful commit (like, 60
> seconds). Apparently the update-website script which is triggered by
> post-commit http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/meta/hooks/post-commit
> (which isn't publicly visible) didn't run successfully for some of the
> files.
>
> Derek, can you manually trigger an update of the website? Thanks!
>
> Christian
Before you trigger the update, can you first commit the attached tarball
please ?

Doing some more tests, I found some errors in my changes. This tarball fixes:
* missing softlinks from the language directories
* missing images when browsing the site in another language
* some php warnings in lang.php and news/news-script.php

Also on my local testserver, I get a fatal php error when trying to load the
index page in "Nederlands", "Português" or "Norsk Bokmal" and no news entries
are added. It appears the php read function bails out if the language local
news directory it attempts to read is empty. I'm not sure why this doesn't
happen on www.gnucash.org. There's probably some file or directory in there on
the server (for example .svn). The other language local news directories all
have an index.html file, so they work fine. I chose to fix this for all
languages by adding an index.html to each of these directories (copied from
news/es).

Geert