Building on Ubuntu 9.10

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 25 11:07:17 EST 2009

2009/11/25 Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com>:
> 2009/11/25 Stephen R. Besch <sbesch at buffalo.edu>:
>> I had similar problems with libgoffice 0.8 when building 2.3.7 on Karmic.
>> Had to roll back to older version of libgoffice (see my posting on
>> 11/03/2009). Thankfully, the older version is still in the repository so you
>> can use synaptic to uninstall libgoffice-0-8-dev (you should leave the newer
>> libgoffice-0-8 in case anything links to it) and install (the oddly named)
>> libgoffice-0-dev. This will also pull in the matching library. Make sure you
>> reconfigure so that it knows about the newly installed headers.
>
> Yes I have seen that post, thanks.  The problem has been fixed on the
> latest 2.3 so building 2.3 is no longer an issue on Karmic with 0-8.
> I will try installing libgoffice-0-dev and see if that fixes it for
> 2.2.9.

I can confirm that on Ubuntu 9.10, uninstalling (only)
libgoffice-0-8-dev and installing libgoffice-0-dev allows building of
both 2.2.9 and current 2.3.  I will put a note on the wiki build notes
for 9.10 http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building#Ubuntu_9.10_.28Karmic_Koala.29

While there I will remove the note relating to the fact that for a
while 2.3 would not build due to this issue as it is now obsolete.

Colin