GnuCash 2.3.6 - not starting on Windows XP

Kim_Wood kim.wood at bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 1 08:20:12 EDT 2009

I believe that the report change made in r18352 "killed" the windows version
from that nightly build and onwards, including 2.3.6.

Can one of the developers check this out please.  We have had a similar
problems sometime during the last few months which I reported on the
WinPenPack website that stopped the portable GnuCash 2.3.x version working.

I suspect that no-one is able to run Win GnuCash 2.3.6.  Further, I believe
that the problem has nothing to do with any msvcr71.dll issue.

I could be wrong, but I am sure that it is an issue related to the report
patch in r18352.

Regards,

Kim Wood