mobile gnucash?

John Gray gray at agora-net.com
Thu Oct 22 11:08:17 EDT 2009

I see that there was an effort to write a mobile gnucash (for smart phones and pdas) a few years back.

Did that effort die off?

I'd like a simple app that does the following:
1) Imports my list of accounts from gnucash somehow (probably a small
app of its own that uses the API to get the list of accounts and writes
it file to be loaded onto the mobile device).
2) Allows one to enter transactions (possibly only simple transactions,
no fancy splits)
3) Export the transactions to ofx to be imported into gnucash.

Ideally it would nice to have something on wide variety of device,
though my short term concerns are the windows mobile based cell phone
currently on my hip, and the android based phone I plan to replace it
with before long.  Be nice to see on the iPhone too.  Sadly, 3 rather
different worlds.  Though exporting the accounts would be done the desktop.

Is there any existing code base for this?  Other who are interested?

Thanks,
John