r18288 - gnucash/trunk/src/backend/dbi - Doubles weren't being loaded properly from sqlite3. Fix that problem by examine more closely

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Wed Sep 2 11:29:35 EDT 2009

At this point, I don't know that anything is stored as a double.  However, a slot can hold a double value.  When I save that value and reload it, it is corrupted.  Seems to be a float/double alignment/endianness problem in dbi with sqlite3, but there's a workaround I can put in (check size of value, then ask for float or double).  Not a problem on mysql (don't know about pgsql).  Hmmm...  that might mean there's a precision issue where a double might be converted to a float and lose significant digits on sqlite3.

Discovered by the automated dbi backend tests I'm working on.  Gee, they're useful after all ;)

Phil