r18288 - gnucash/trunk/src/backend/dbi - Doubles weren't being loaded properly from sqlite3. Fix that problem by examine more closely

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 2 12:39:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com> writes:

> At this point, I don't know that anything is stored as a double.  However, a
> slot can hold a double value.  When I save that value and reload it, it is
> corrupted.  Seems to be a float/double alignment/endianness problem in dbi
> with sqlite3, but there's a workaround I can put in (check size of value, then
> ask for float or double).  Not a problem on mysql (don't know about pgsql).
> Hmmm...  that might mean there's a precision issue where a double might be
> converted to a float and lose significant digits on sqlite3.

Ah, fair enough.  Yes, the KVPs can store doubles.  I did sorta remember
that. ;)

> Discovered by the automated dbi backend tests I'm working on.  Gee, they're
> useful after all ;)

Excellent!  Yes, testing is always useful.  :-D