Patch: removed trailing white spaces

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Sep 10 11:05:59 EDT 2009

While implementing the GtkEntryCompletion (see my previous mail), my
development environment (Eclipse) has been automatically removing trailing
whitespaces from the source files I edited.

I have not found how to disable this in Eclipse and I'd argue this feature hat
it's merits.

However this makes I have to manually clean out my patches each time again.
This is ok for one time, but I'd like not to continue to do this.

So instead I have gathered all these whitespace removals into one patch and
propose to apply it to svn anyway.

I did read the policy on applying style changes, and I don't think this is
really a style change.

This patch only covers trailing whitespace. Eclipse is otherwise very well-
behaved in keeping with the source file's original style.

So applying this patch won't affect developers not using Eclipse: all
indentation and other style items are left untouched.

Can I ask someone with permissions to effectively apply this patch, clearly
noting it's only trailing whitespace removal ?

Thanks,

Geert