bounty for online banking idea for GnuCash

Dave (DavesTechShop.net) dave at davestechshop.net
Tue Sep 15 18:57:33 EDT 2009

The concept is about aggregating all one's financial data in one place. So
the tool downloads it from all the various financial institutions one deals
with and then uploads it to wasabe so the user can see a complete financial
picture in one place. So, yes, it is about uploading the data to wesabe.com.
In my version, it would download the data from all the different places and
then import it into GnuCash (and optionally upload it to wesabe).

Judging by your question, Martin, I assume you have missed all the "front
page" news in the US about Mint.com, Yodlee.com, Quicken Oniine, Wesabe,
etc.

Personally, I'd like to see GnuCash offer the best of what all those new
online financial services offer on top of the solid foundation that GnuCash
already is. I think a Firefox add-on like what we're discussing would
accomplish exactly that.