2.2.9 sources missing autogen.sh

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 23 07:50:42 EDT 2009

2009/9/23 Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>:
> Quoting Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com>:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have downloaded version 2.2.9 source
>> http://www.gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/sources/stable/gnucash-2.2.9.tar.gz
>> and it seems to be missing autogen.sh.  When I browse the svn source
>> archive autogen.sh is there for that tag.
>
> autogen isn't required in the tar.gz file.  it already contains
> a working configure script.

So the downloadable source tar is not the same files as the svn
version with the same tag?  Are there any other differences?

So should I just be able to run configure (with my options) then make?
 I thought I did this and I got errors, something about m4.  I picked
up autogen from 2.3.5, ran that and then configure again and now make
is running happily.  I will repeat the exercise just to be certain
that is what I did.

Colin