Deprecated libraries

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Sep 25 19:00:29 EDT 2009

On Sep 25, 2009, at 7:16 AM, Phil Longstaff wrote:

> Re major versions: 2.4 will have the new db backend and webkit
> instead of gtkhtml.  I think 2.6 should have new reports (Chris
> Dennis' eguile-based reports) and register rewrite.

Apropos webkit instead of gtkhtml, Gnucash-2.3.5's configure demands
gtkhtml even with html-engine=webkit. The error when it's not present
is:

checking GOFFICE_LIBS... -L/opt/gnucash-2.3.x/lib -lgoffice-0.8
checking for libgtkhtml-3.14... no
configure: error: Goffice uses Cairo/GtkPrint but didn't find GtkHTML
with GtkPrint support

Is that because webkit integration isn't complete yet, or because
configure.in needs to be adjusted?

Regards,
John Ralls