Glade making changes I did not ask for

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Sep 26 03:06:54 EDT 2009

Am Freitag, 25. September 2009 22:36 schrieb Colin Law:
> I have used Glade to add a checkbox to the preferences dialog.  Glade
> has made the expected changes to preferences.glade but has made some
> other changes that I was not aware that I had asked for:

Yes, that's happening frequently from one glade version to another.

> 1. It has deleted the line <requires lib="gnome"/> after <glade-interface>

Er, don't know of this one.

> 2. It has added property urgency_hint, False, to the GtkDialogs
> "GnuCash Options" and "GnuCash Preferences"

Yes, that's in a newer glade version but not in an old one. For that reason,
we have the script util/glade-fixup. Run it in the directory of choice and it
will remove those lines from all .glade files.

> Should I leave these as they are or should I revert them to as they were?
> Are there some configuration items I need to setup to stop this from
> happening or is it likely I accidentally did something to cause the
> changes?

There's nothing that fixes this automatically; we have to manually use
glade-fixup before committing.

Regards,

Christian