Invoices: Process Payment

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 30 09:22:59 EDT 2009

Sebastian Held <sebastian.held at gmx.de> writes:

>> As of right now there is no way to assign a split to a customer (see bug
>> #108570).
>>
>> The way to do it now is to run Process Payment when you actually get the
>> payment from the customer, and then during the import mark it as a
>> duplicate of the existing transaction.
>
> The problem is, that I do not know, a payment has been placed, until I start
> the import. Only then, by looking at my imported transactions (via HBCI) I can
> recognize payments.
>
> I'll have a look at this issue.
>
> Thanks for explaining.
>
> Sebastian

FYI, my original plan was to setup a callback listener for new
transactions on AR/AP account types that look for new transactions added
to those accounts.  When the callback hits it will check to see if it's
from a Process Payment and if not it will pop up an interface to perform
the connection to the proper customer.  The notification events should
already be there, so it's just a matter of registering and listening for
them and creating the interface processor.