dbus-launch in MacOSX build

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Apr 5 10:14:41 EDT 2010

The MacOSX gnucash-setup-env script calls dbus-launch when no dbus session is
found. This has been there since the script was first checked in in svn.

According to the dbus-launch man page, a process that tries to use dbus when
there's no dbus session will call dbus-launch automatically. So what is the
motivation for this explicit call ?

I'm asking because I'm in the process of eliminating the startup scripts (in
favour of directly starting from the gnucash binary). I can have the binary
set up the environment properly, but the dbus-launch execution kind of
requires to keep the startup script on MacOS.

Geert