dbus-launch in MacOSX build

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Mon Apr 5 21:18:40 EDT 2010

--On April 5, 2010 9:06:23 PM +0200 Geert Janssens
<janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Monday 5 April 2010, John Ralls wrote:
>> On Apr 5, 2010, at 11:19 AM, John Ralls wrote:
>> r18997 runs from the command line with some adjustments. Make doesn't
>>  understand "\n", so the shell script wound up a bit corrupted.
>>
> It did work when I had make add the same script on linux. So
> apparently make  on OS X interprets this differently. Thanks for
> looking at that.
>
> I just wonder, did the gnucash run fail because of a corrupted
> script, or  because dbus didn't start ? If it's the first, we still
> don't know if the  explicit dbus-launcher call is required (at least
> when starting from the build  directory). If it's the latter, that
> would mean the gnucash script is there to  stay on OS X.

You never have to run dbus-launcher when running the X11 version of
GnuCash on MacOSX.  In fact it is wrong to do so although it may work
in most cases.  I don't run the Quartz version myself, but I'd be
surprised if the same thing weren't true for it too.

           Mike