Record a transaction with no amount

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Apr 10 15:59:49 EDT 2010

On Saturday 10 April 2010, . wrote:
> Thanks all....but that's too complex for a simpleton like myself.
>
> Isn't there some kind of "memo" transaction that doesn't have any amount
> in it?

Please remember to cc the list on all replies. You can do this by hitting the

There isn't such a thing as a memo transaction that I know of. And frankly, to
me that sounds more complicated than what I proposed.

If you want to use gnucash, some basic notion of double entry accounting is a
must. It's the fundament on which gnucash builds. Perhaps the Concepts and
tutorial guide is a good start for you:
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.0/C/gnucash-guide/

Double entry accounting really isn't that difficult. But it takes a little
time to get used to.

Geert