Fwd: Re: [Patch] Re: Austrian mirror - please adjust ...

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Apr 14 13:03:50 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 14 April 2010, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I've already forwarded this request to Linas, who maintains
> www.gnucash.org.
>
> Also note that all of www.gnucash.org is maintained in subversion;
> you could just set up a cron job to sync the htdocs module to your
> website.
>
> -derek

Yes, if you wish to mirror the website, you can use svn and the htdocs module.

The Austrian mirror referred to here however, is an alternative download
location for source tarballs. It is presented as a "European mirror", next to
a "USA mirror".

These links have been on the GnuCash website for as long as I know. Some time
ago I mentioned on this list that the European Mirror was very unreliable. I
had slow speed to no connection at all.

For the record, I have just tested the corrected links, but the issues are
still there. I could click the European mirror link once and get a download
proposal, which I cancelled. Any subsequent attempt to download the source
from the European mirror fowards me to this page:
http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/.admin/missing/server.php?name=GD.TUWIEN.AC.AT

As said before, I don't have any formal or informal connection to this mirror
provider, so I can't solve anything further here.

Geert