Request for larger size icon (96x96, 128x128, 256x256).

Dancefire dancefire at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 03:41:52 EDT 2010

Hi, everyone,

I'm using Windows 7, there is a trend to using larger icon than 48x48. I
usually like to set icon size for my desktop to "Large Icon", which is 96x96
or 128x128. However, GnuCash only support to 48x48, which makes my desktop
looks wired, since other icons are big, GnuCash's one is much smaller.
Windows 7/Vista support even larger icon, "Extra Large Icon", in explorer,
which is 256x256, which makes the difference much more significant.

I found that other software just include 256x256 to support the larger size
above 48x48. So, I think that it should not be hard to includes those higher
resolution icons.

32-bit color is also request, as they provide more glossier image.

Could you provide the gnucash-icon.ico in higher resolution with higher
color depth, which contains :

For 32-bit color:
----------------------
256x256
128x128 (optional)
64x64 (optional)
48x48
32x32
16x16

For 8-bit color (currently contained):
48x48
32x32
16x16

Some softwares, such as Inkscape, VirtualBox and Firefox, add shadow in
32-bit images, which makes the icons looks much better. Could you do it for
32-bit color version too?

Thanks.
--
Tao Wang