OSX/Quartz build: how to enable mysql support ?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Apr 22 10:23:31 EDT 2010

On Apr 22, 2010, at 6:26 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> I am playing around with John's OS X/Quartz build, working from svn trunk.
>
> I have managed to build it thanks to the helpful OSX/Quartz wiki page and this
> list.
>
> I noticed though that while dbi is enabled, only the sqlite3 dbi driver is
> installed.
>
> I am interested in playing with the mysql/postgres drivers as well, but
> couldn't easily tweak the jhbuild configuration to build those.
>
> Before I waste my time on this, has anybody else tried this ? Are there some
> blocking problems with this ?

Geert,

Add the following line to your .jhbuildrc-custom and run `jhbuild buildone libdbi-drivers`:
append_autogenargs("libdbi-drivers", "--enable-mysql --with-mysql-incdir='/path/to/mysqlheaders' --with-mysql-libdir='/path/to/libmysql'")

Obviously, edit the paths. Since I wrote that from memory, you might want to run `configure --help` in the libdbi-drivers source directory and make sure that I got the option names right.

Regards,
John Ralls