Translator question: gncEntryLedgerLoad.c lines 49/50 and 59/61

Mark Haanen i18n at haanen.net
Sat Apr 24 15:21:17 EDT 2010

Op donderdag 22-04-2010 om 22:10 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Christian
Stimming:
> Am Mittwoch, 21. April 2010 schrieb Phil Longstaff:
> > I'm not positive, but I've looked at the code and this is my best guess.
> >
> > For gnc_entry_ledger_type_string_getter: The two possibilities are that a
> >  discount is an absolute amount (e.g. 2 dollars off) or a relative amount
> >  (20% off), and these strings represent either absolute currency "$" or
> >  percentage "%".
> >
> > For gnc_entry_ledger_how_string_getter: There seem to be 3 different ways a
> >  discount can be applied, a) PRETAX (probably "<"), b) SAMETIME ("="), or
> >  c) POSTTAX (">").  Look in business/business-core/gncEntry.h (about line
> >  74).

> Mark: Feel free to propose some disambiguation prefixes here. I would gladly
> commit those immediately, because even the untranslated form is just identical
> to what anyone can currently see as "translations".

Proposing the following disambiguation prefixes:

% Discount Type column entry for Percent
$ Discount Type column entry for Monetary Value

< Discount How column entry for Discount Applied Before Tax Calculation
= Discount How column entry for Discount And Tax Applied At Same Time
> Discount How column entry for Tax Applied Before Discount Calculation

-- Mark