How to translate .schemas string (Whether or not translate the string in the quote?)

Dancefire dancefire at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 14:10:13 EDT 2010

> I have a suggestion on another solution. In many cases, strings appear
> nearly the same inside the .scheme-files and the UI-files. For an
> example of this I point to messages 1634 and 2034, which only differ by
> the period at the end. From a translator's point of view, it would be
> preferrable if these were _exactly_ identical, as this reduces the
> number of messages to translate. However, I have absolutely no clue as
> to whether or not this would break compatibility...
>
> Mark

I did translated a lot of pair messages which are very similar with
minor difference. It is really boring to translate something again, or
after translate it, suddenly realize this sentence seems familiar, and
finally find out have translated it in similar form already. It would
be nice to merge some of strings. I have almost finished my
translation for zh_CN, so it's doen't matter for me know, but for
translators in other language, or in the future, I don't want them go
through what I did.

--
Regards
Tao Wang