Proposal for migration from Subversion to Git.

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Sat Aug 7 06:20:54 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Samstag 07 August 2010, Tao Wang wrote:
[...]
> I prefer move to Git for following reasons:
[...]

You don't have to move the whole repository: Just use "git-svn" on *your*
machine (that's what I'm doing).

It gives you all the features you described even though the main repository is
still SVN.

When I first got in contact with git and learned how to use it my first reaction
was also: Why don't I move my projects from SVN to git? But then I decided
against it because it worked quite well as it was (you know, never touch a
running system and that).

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/