Build fails revision 19415 in Fedora 12. dialog-file-access.c

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Aug 10 16:26:10 EDT 2010

Am Tuesday 10 August 2010 schrieb Mike Evans:
> On Tuesday August 10 2010 13:00:20 Geert Janssens wrote:
> > On Tuesday 10 August 2010, Mike Evans wrote:
> > > dialog-file-access.c: In function 'gnc_ui_file_access':
> > > dialog-file-access.c:286: error: 'GCONF_DIR_OPEN_SAVE' undeclared
> >
> > Both changes were introduced in r19408.
>
> svn update
> At revision 19415.
>
> gnc-ui-util.h does indeed define GCONF_DIR_EXPORT on line 49, last updated
> 2010-08-05

The problem is not that this define weren't defined, but rather whether your
copy of dialog-file-access.c also includes that file. Also, in case you have
multiple copies of the gnucash sources installed somewhere, the compiler might
have picked up a different header file gnc-ui-util.h than what is in your svn
checkout. I.e. if you remove that file, does the compile of dialog-file-
access.c fail because of the removed file?

Just a guess.

Regards,

Christian

P.S.: By the way, when replying to messages here and writing your reply at the
very end, could you please trim the quoted lines instead of leaving all of the
quotes in the message? I happen to use a mailing client that doesn't
immediately scroll down to the first non-quoted line (or something similar),
so having to manually scroll down 3 pages of quotes which are mostly
irrelevant to the answer that's following is somewhat a nuisance. Just a
suggestion for writing the messages to the list.