First look at Guide update

Tom Bullock tbullock at nd.edu
Fri Aug 13 12:19:57 EDT 2010

Developers,

Until I get past my xml validation problem, my patch is delayed.

As stated in a previous email I have created an interim wiki page as a
vehicle to make the information available to all users until such time
as it can be integrated into the Tutorial and  Concepts Guide.

To access the information, use this URL:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Tbullock17/Gnucash_tutorial_and_concepts_guide
Please give reactions as you have time and see the need.

Before working on any additional updates to the Guide I intend to
complete these items:
a)  correct the xml validation problem in the current patch effort
b)  move to the point of creating a patch and presenting it in bugzilla
c)  completing the review of the stated changes on gnucash.org from
version 2.2 thru current
d)  start a review all changes revealed by svn log for code and
documentation
e)  integrate items c) and d) findings and submit those for developer
review and prioritization
f)   from e) should come a plan for ongoing documentation development

In all these steps I expect input from any who are willing and
interested to do so.

I will be on vacation 8/25 thru 8/31 and not paying much attention to
emails or to the lists.

Tom Bullock