gnucash upgrade from 2.2.9 to 2.3.14: AqBanking config folder changed

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Aug 17 08:12:46 EDT 2010

Zitat von Jannick Asmus <jannick.news at gmail.com>:
>>> I am using (and testing) version 2.3.14 on WinVista. After
>>> installation all (!) config data for aqbanking are not available any
>>> more
>>
>> Which version number upgrade combination are you referring to?
>
> What I did is the new installation of 2.3.14 into a new folder in
> ~/programs on my WinVista machine where previously 2.2.9 was
> installed. As far as I can understand this was no upgrade but an
> installation from scratch.

Thanks. So you are expecting to use the aqbanking setup created in
gnucash-2.2.9 now also in gnucash-2.3.14. This is fine. I was asking
because upgrading (or replacing or installing side-by-side) of the
2.3.x versions will most likely not run into any issues.

Your new gnucash-2.3.14 has aqbanking-4.2.3. The old gnucash-2.2.9 has
aqbanking-2.3.3. The new gnucash-2.3.14 indeed contains the command
line program "aqbanking-cli.exe" in the bin/ folder. According to what
Martin wrote, you can run "aqbanking-cli updateconf" to have the
update done automatically.

Best Regards,

Christian