Mac OS X Snow Leopard AqBanking Does Not Work & Gnucash 2.3.15 released

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Aug 22 22:50:00 EDT 2010

On Aug 22, 2010, at 5:34 PM, Andre Powell wrote:

> John,
> I have once again have deleted reinstalled GnuCash and even the aqbanking folder to force a fresh install of the preferences. The issue is that is kind of strange is that I am not able to setup download any information, or even request an account balance. Where I am struggling to find the solution is that the same settings that I use in the much simpler ofx.py work.
>
> On Aug 21, 2010, at 8:07 PM, John Ralls wrote:
>

>> On Aug 21, 2010, at 3:24 PM, Andre Powell wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the 2.3.15.1 it fixes the problem. I do have a standing question, now it seems that downloading information does not seem to work there is a long Waiting for response -> spinning beach ball for awhile -> Network error while waiting for response -> Error parsing server response -> unlocks the user -> postprocessing of jobs -> Resets then done.
>>>

>>> I was able to connect via 2.2.9, did I miss something?
>>>

>> The error messages aren't all that descriptive, unfortunately. I got those errors and found that I needed to set up some of the information over again (in particular the app and version fields). You might find the following sites helpful:
>> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect_in_GnuCash_2
>> http://microsoftmoneyoffline.wordpress.com/moneydance-ofx-settings/
>> http://www.ofxhome.com/
>> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings
>> http://ofxblog.wordpress.com/

Please remember to copy the list on replies, there are other people there who may be better able to help.

Well, there are two possible reasons that ofx.py works and is simpler: It's hiding details from you or it's sending less detail. In the first case, you'll have to figure out what details it's hiding and make sure that aqbanking's details match up; in the second, you'll have to figure out what aqbanking is sending that ofx.py isn't and turn that off in aqbanking. I'm afraid I can't offer any more help beyond that.

Regards,
John Ralls