Patch Re: Bug 625193 To move utils to core

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Aug 23 13:42:40 EDT 2010

On Monday 23 August 2010, Mike Evans wrote:
> On Tuesday August 17 2010 20:54:42 Christian Stimming wrote:
> > Am Monday 16 August 2010 schrieb Mike Evans:
> > > I've attached a patch to move utils.c utils.h to src/engine as
> > > discussed in Bug 625193.
> >
> > Committed to SVN, thanks.
> >
> > One suggestion for the function naming (in gncIDsearch.h): The functions
> > which belong to a hypothetical "core gnucash library" should all begin
> > with "gnc_", and the next word may or may not point to the main object on
> > which this function operates. In this case, I'd suggest one of the
> > following namings: * gnc_search_customer_on_id
> > * gnc_book_search_by_id_customer
> > * gnc_book_search_customer_by_id
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Christian
>
> Attached is a patch to; add vendor search, to python bindings and refactors
> files gncIDSearch.c/h with vendor search.  Both patch files need to be
>  applied.

Mike,

I'm not too experienced in C coding, but I wonder if it's not cleaner to
define your general search function with an additional type parameter instead
of globally declaring a type variable.

I don't find many global variable declarations in GnuCash unless they are
static.

So my feeling is this may not be the best thing to do. Others can correct me
if that's totally bogus though.

Geert