Version references in documentation

Tom Bullock tbullock at nd.edu
Wed Aug 25 07:50:30 EDT 2010

  Hi Yawar,

Thank you for your reply and not-too-late offer of help.  Your idea
sounds good to me and if the developers have no objection, I encourage
you to begin implementing your suggestion.  As far as I know, I am the
only one that is discussing working on the GC documentation (at least,
other than an isolated patch).  The developers have more experience than
I, including the documentation process.  So if Geert Janssens, John
Ralls, or Derek give you the green light, do proceed.

For my part, the only documentation segment I am working on at the
moment is the Guide Chapter 3.  Since I have to rebuild my patch and
currently am away on vacation, if you were to start with Guide, Chapter
3, when I return my rebuild of my patch would pickup your entity
references and there should be little risk that my patch would cancel
your work.

Since I am on vacation, I will be able to check email and lists only
occasionally.  Please be guided by what the developers suggest, post
your action here, and I can catch up as I can login online.

Thanks for your bringing a good idea (seems to me) to the documentation.

Tom