Version references in documentation

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 26 14:01:08 EDT 2010

Yawar Amin <yawar.amin at gmail.com> writes:

> That said, I can do all this branching and merging stuff fairly easily
> in Git. But honestly SVN branching and merging scare me a
> little. Given these branching rules, can we implement a tight system
> to keep version-specific changes separate?

I'm not sure why it scares you; branching in SVN is simple.

> Regards,
>
> Yawar
>
> [1] Another possible model is to designate trunk as the `general'
> branch for non-version-specific changes, 2.2 as a maintenance branch
> for the 2.2.x series, 2.3 as the development branch for the unstable
> 2.3.x series, and so on.

Sort of..  We branch the 2.2 for 2.2 maint; trunk is matching
gnucash-trunk.  When we're ready to fork the 2.4 vs. "next major
version" then we can branch the docs to 2.4.  But there's no point in
branching until you have something that will cause a diversion.