Installing 2.3.16.dmg

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 20:09:16 EST 2010

I am again hankering for some of the features in the development version of Gnucash (currently at 2.3.17), and wanted to ask a few Mac-specific questions...

1) The disk image includes a couple of introductory apps to help the transition (UpdateDirs.app and FinanceQuote Update.app). I read the readme file and took a look at the scripts behind these. As far as I can tell, these routines don't do anything to my machine that would render impossible a return to 2.2.9 if needed, but I want to verify that with y'all before I bollix something up.

2) Is it possible to rename my current Gnucash.app to Gnucash-2.2.9.app, copy the devel version as Gnucash.app, and have it run reliably? If I need to go back to 2.2.9, can I simply change the names around and run okay? More simply, can I have a Gnucash-2.2.9.app and a Gnucash-2.3.17.app co-reside in my Applications folder without trouble?

TIA,
David