John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Dec 8 01:09:07 EST 2010

On Dec 7, 2010, at 9:32 PM, David T. wrote:

> Hi. I am running both 2.2.9 and 2.3.17 on my Mac (OS X 10.5.8) using the bundles from Sourceforge, and suddenly today I have found that the start up repeatedly gets bogged down at the Loading User Data prompt. This part is now taking several minutes, whereas before (yesterday), it was only taking 30 seconds or so. I have encountered this before, and Check & Repair tended to fix it, but not now.
>
> While I do have one report that opens on start up, this slow down is happening before the report is getting loaded. I have no idea why this is happening all of a sudden, and don't even know where to start looking for a fix.

Is that with both versions, and with XML?

(Assuming XML) if you load a backup file from a couple of days ago, does it load quickly? If so, you might be able to triage it by finding which is the first backup which loads slowly and then examining the corresponding log file to see what changed in your database.

Regards,
John Ralls