John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Dec 11 17:40:28 EST 2010

On Dec 11, 2010, at 2:15 PM, David T. wrote:

> John--
>
> I haven't been able to try out your suggestions; the problem had mysteriously gone away. I am using XML storage. Interestingly, when I load Gnucash, I see in Activity Monitor that 60% of my CPU utilization is taken up by notifyd. Once the Loading User Data prompt passes, this drops down to .2%.

David,

Mysteriously, or after you ran C&R?

If it's working now, good. Perhaps just a messed up data file.

I don't remember setting up handling notifications in Gnucash, so I don't know what would get notifyd involved in a data load. It certainly doesn't get activated on my system.

Regards,
John Ralls