New to development list

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 14 16:44:09 EST 2010

Hello all,
I just joined the list. I have been using GNUCash enthusiastically for many years now and would like to contribute- any suggestions on how to get started (besides the standard starting points with software projects)? I have read through some of the source docs and will continue to do so to try to get an overall idea of the architecture of the software.

I have at least two ideas that I am interested in contributing but in a effort to get familiar with the code, are there any smaller outstanding projects which I can get started with that you guys feel are good places to begin (I have been to the wishlist, etc... I guess I am wondering what you feel needs to be done first and/or what is not currently being handled)?

I am familiar with both C and Scheme. My background is in Mathematics (B.S. with Physics minor, M.S. near completion).

Thanks a lot, I look forward to contributing to this project.
--
Ryan M. Ward

http://www.ubuntu.com