Let's really release 2.4.0 soon

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 16:24:32 EST 2010

As a user, I agree, although it would be nice if 635357 were addressed.

On that bug, I looked at the sections in question, but don't see a quick fix. Not having done any saving in database format, I wouldn't know what needs to be said. But given that the database file format is a key part of this version, its impact on the process of saving data, and most importantly the need for users to understand their save options clearly, I think *some* effort should be made.

I am particularly concerned that end users understand the background steps they need to take to enable database saving (e.g., installing the db server, setting it up for gnucash use, etc.). This would also be a good place to put some of the "Gnucash uses a database back end to store its data, but it is not a database application" verbiage that has been bandied about on the lists for a good while.

David