Onwards!

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 18:46:25 EST 2010

Hi,

On 2010-12-28, at 16:44, Christian Stimming wrote:

>>> […]
>
> I think bugzilla leaves it up to the project to define what the semantics of
> such an enhancement request is. (That's different from a bug, which either is
> a bug or it's not in bugzilla.)
>
> That's an open question: What should we answer to enhancement request that
> nobody of us wants to implement in the near future?

Can we have a convention or a policy among devs that any time one of us creates a new bug report, we have to attach a patch to it either immediately or within a very short period of time (say, a day)? The idea is to make the bug list more actionable, instead of a big wish list.

So in this scenario, if a patch is not attached within 24 hours, someone (the assignee) would close it as WONTFIX.

Note that I’m advocating this only for bug reports from devs. We’re obviously not expecting patches from users who’re looking for help and support. If we go for this, we can say this will apply to all new bug reports from Jan 1st, or all existing bugs, or whatever….

Yawar