2.4 and sqlite...

John Gray gray at agora-net.com
Fri Dec 31 16:51:18 EST 2010

This morning I built 2.4 from source on an x64 Ubuntu 10.10 box.  I read
in the xml file and wrote out a sqlite file.  Everything seemed to work
fine.

Then I built 2.4 on a x86 Ubuntu 10.10 box, and it doesn't display any
data when reading in a sqlite file.  Not the one generated on the x64
box, or a fresh one generated from the xml.

I talked someone else today who was seeing this too.

We are the guys working on a version for android.  Looks like sqlite
will be much easier to deal with under android, but its not helpful if
it doesn't work reliably on our desktops.

Speaking of the android implementation, can anybody tell me what the
Collation on the sqlite data is? I have android reading in the sqlite,
but something isn't just right, I suspect its a collation mismatch.  Is
it unicode?  utf8 maybe?

Thanks,
John