Tester's dilemma - I want to test GnuCash thoroughly, but don't risk corrupting my data...

Tom Van Braeckel tomvanbraeckel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 07:52:23 EST 2010

Hi guys,

Maybe you've heard this question before, but I couldn't find an answer to it
in the list archives or the FAQ...

I'd like to test GnuCash thoroughly, and I think the best way to do that is
by using an SVN trunk build for my daily accounting. Then when I discover a
bug, I'll be directly affected by it, so I'll be overflowing with motivation
to fix it right away. But on the other hand, if I'm constantly using an SVN
trunk build, I'll risk losing or corrupting my data in some way...

So there seems to be a trade-off between testing thoroughly and frequently,
and avoiding data loss...
What are your strategies for testing and using GnuCash (at the same time),
while avoiding serious risks ?

Best regards,

Tom Van Braeckel
GSM: 0032 (0) 486 63 58 04