Menu string change "Income Ta_x Options"; was: TXF categories for French tax system

J. Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:01:53 EST 2010

Frank,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Frank H. Ellenberger
<f.ellenberger at online.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 10. Februar 2010 um 01:15:04 schrieb J. Alex Aycinena:
>> Is the tax reporting capability currently available in the German
>> locale for Income Taxes or for some other kind of taxes?
>>
>> Alex
>
> In de_DE is currently only the monthly VAT
> declaration "Umsatzsteuervoranmeldung" implemented in the account template
> SKR04.
>
> I also started a account template according the income tax declaration ESt,
> but that needs much more work. So it is currently not available.
>
> Frank

Well in that case you are probably right that the string should be
changed from 'Income Tax Options' back to 'Tax Options'.

Also, as I stated in bug 609043, in txf-de_DE.scm on line 21:

 (cons 'Ind #("Individual, Joint, etc." "Files Individual German Tax Return"))

the English text in this line should be replaced with the appropriate
German text (not simply translate the English text). I put this text
in when I set up the Tax-Entity-Type concept as a placeholder because
I didn't know what else to put and just to get the current German
system to continue working with my changes for the US tax reporting
(Christian had suggested perhaps abandoning the German reporting).

But it should be in German and correspond to the actual tax supported
which you are now telling me is some kind of VAT. You and/or Christian
would be in a much better position than I to correct the text.

You mention that you are starting a system for German Income Tax
Reporting. (And Parker Jones mentioned something about French tax
reporting.)

I'm not sure how you plan to have the system support two (or several)
tax reporting systems simultaneously (e.g., VAT and Income) if it is
locale-based as now. I think we need to redesign it so it is not
locale-based: users should be able to elect to use none, one or more
of whatever tax reporting systems may be available and then each
account should be able to have none, one or multiple tax codes
assigned to it to drive each tax reporting system independently. That
seems like it would be the most flexible approach and not all that
hard to do.

Alex