discrepency in version of Windows release

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Feb 13 10:06:43 EST 2010

On Saturday 13 February 2010, Anne Lawrence wrote:
> I clicked on the link on http://www.gnucash.org/ for the latest stable
> version of gnucash for Windows, which is advertised as v2.2.9 and
>  downloaded it.  The file downloaded was v2.3.3.  I have been running it
>  but it has appeared with a message that it is not a stable build.

This is very strange. If I click on the latest stable version of GnuCash for
windows, it really downloads v2.2.9, not v2.3.3.

As the message says, v2.3.3 is not a stable build, so if you are new to
GnuCash you better don't use it.

Can you tell me in more detail which link you clicked exactly ? I'd like to
figure out where this goes wrong.

> I have recently started using gnucash and very pleased with it.

I'm glad you like it.

Welcome to the GnuCash community.

Geert

P.S.: this question should have been asked on gnucash-user instead of gnucash-
devel.