New database backend and multi-user

David Valicek daValicek at seznam.cz
Wed Feb 24 16:20:30 EST 2010

Phil,

Thank you for enlighting the multiuser/concurrent usage problem.

I wouldn't like to suppress the importance of point 3) and especially point
1).

Just, let me couple of thoughts on point 2) since I walked into that.

jsled noted that resolving ad 2) would require some serious re-architecting
since:

-          the engine objects did have some signals for change events

-          part of the design of QOF is to create queries that can be
re-evaluated,

-          . usage of things in that way is not uniform

Your proposal seems more easy. Would you see any roadmap to that?

Are you interested to solve that? In what area is a help welcome?

Thanks

David