Suggest a change from Druid to Assistant

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 7 11:01:24 EST 2010

Hi,

Mike Evans <mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk> writes:

> I would like to suggest a change from the word Druid to Assistant as
> specified in the Gnome HIG Human Interface Guidelines 2.2 guidelines.
> This has been mentioned in bug 602051.  As I said there I've nothing
> against Druids, being a Celt myself, but I think in order to help gain
> acceptance to a wider user base then adopting a standard terminology
> may make a small difference.

Are you suggestion word/documentation changes?  Or actually changing
from GnomeDruid to GtkAssistant?  The former is possible sooner, the
latter will need to wait until after we branch 2.4 (once 2.4 is ready)
because GtkAssistant wasn't introduced into a recent Gtk release, too
recent for our current dependency requirements.