r18580 - gnucash/trunk/src/business/business-core/sql - Use correct routine to add a newly loaded entry to the correct bill. r18302 fixed the entry

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Fri Jan 22 07:56:48 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 10:30 +0100, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On Friday 22 January 2010, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> > Author: plongstaff
> > Date: 2010-01-21 20:02:49 -0500 (Thu, 21 Jan 2010)
> > New Revision: 18580
> > Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/18580
> >
> > Modified:
> >    gnucash/trunk/src/business/business-core/sql/gnc-entry-sql.c
> > Log:
> > Use correct routine to add a newly loaded entry to the correct bill.
> >  r18302 fixed the entry loading problem for invoices, this extends it to
> >  bills.
> >

> I don't know the details of this bug, so maybe my question is not relevant...
>
> If I understand correctly, this code adds an entry to a particular bill. This
> code existed already for invoices, but not for bills. There is a third object
> in GnuCash that behaves similar to bills/invoices: employee vouchers. Should
> similar code be added for them as well ?

The issue came when loading entries and trying to attach them to the
correct other items.  For invoices, I looked and saw a routine
gncEntrySetInvoice(), so I called that.  However, that just set the
parent field in the entry.  The real routine to call was
gncInvoiceAddEntry().  For bills, the names were gncEntrySetBill() which
should have been gncBillAddEntry().  I'll take a look at employee
vouchers later today.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I don't use the business stuff so I don't
come across it.

Phil