String freeze

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Jan 25 15:15:36 EST 2010

Am Montag, 25. Januar 2010 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> > The GnuCash uses the word "Split" in two meanings: "split transaction"
> > and "split stocks".
> > When I translate them into Japanese, I have to use the different words
> > for them.
> >
> > The locations of string to change in 2.3.8  are as follows:
> > ../src/gnome/druid-stock-split.c:454
> > ../src/register/ledger-core/split-register.c:2297 .
> >
> Instead of changing the word, how about just making a uniqifier?
> I'm sure that Christian will helpfully explain how to do it.

Yasuaki is right - the wording ambiguity should be fixed. Thanks for pointing
this out. Derek is right, too - the word in this place (action column of the
register) should be rather short, so it is better to leave one word there
instead of two. But the ambiguity can be solved by a disambiguation prefix,
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#Disambiguation_prefix , which I've
just committed (r18582). Thanks for proposing to change this!

Regards,

Christian