Is there anything I should know to replace GnomeDruid with GtkAssistant?

Tao Wang dancefire at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 00:11:10 EDT 2010

Hi, Derek,

I think we already break the support of RHEL 5/CentOS 5. I tried to build
the GnuCash 2.3.14 on CentOS 5.5 today, and it failed. There are several
functions we used in code require higher version of packages in CentOS 5.5.
I found some in code:

DBI_DECIMAL_SIZEMASK is introduced in r18288, and the macro is only
available since libdbi 0.8.2, but CentOS 5.5 only have 0.8.1.
gnome_keyring_result_to_message() is introduced in r18842, and the function
is only available since libgnome-keyring 2.19.5, but CentOS 5.5 only have
0.6.0.
g_strcmp0() is appeared in several places, and it is available since glib
2.16, but CentOS 5 only have glib 2.12.3.

There are more, so, unless someone spend time on backport the code to make
sure 2.3.x can be build on CentOS 5, we break the support for RHEL5/CentOS 5
for some time already.

So, based on that fact, I think it should be ok just drop the support of
RHEL 5/CentOS 5, and move on to take the advangtages of newer version of our
dependencies.

--
Regards

Tao Wang